Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A HAPPY Republic Day: Part-1

This year's Republic day was no ordinary for me! The day though ended sadly, i was very happy!


3 days prior to it 2 friends of mine asked me urgently...like man we need u for singing.pls dont say no dude.and etc leaving me no option to say no.so i readily accepted and practiced for it. Vandemataram!
Then another friend asked me...Mama urgently we need a guy who can dance.and im sure u'll not say no. I was fed up of these last minute requests,nevertheless i accepted it and headed for practice! Bunked post lunch sessions on saturday consisting of mechanics physics and graphics! sweated hard and practiced for 2 outta 3 songs due to TIME constraint and showed it 2 the lady incharge who eyed us authoritatively showin how much she controlled our fate. As we humble presented ourselves she 'accepted' and well even my singing practice bore results as we were 'selected'!


All i did was msging my friends...like...hey u know im selected for singing....dude im dancing for R-day at my college, man...and hey ya! im participating in cultural events at my college and etc!


They all wished me well and seemed happy! And the practice went on hard on saturday and monday! The dance steps were so pretty impressive that i started callin 'em feats! They were so full of energy and packed wid action and seemed rocking as some of our non participating friends gave their critical comments! And wht not! U see, you're performing at a college for republic day and sweat hard and u have every right to dream about it, in the sense how wel it goes how're ppl gonna react and stuff like tht! Our's was a medley consisting of 3 songs...action packed steps...err feats and would steal the show for sure!...was all that was there in our mind...and heart too!


And then came the big day! the overall attendance though turned out not so impressive the presence of many of our friends seemed encouraging to us! And also, many parents were there and the stage was set and slowly one by one the events started taking shape! I couldnt wholly watch all the programmes as I was off for my dance practice! In between some friends kept updating me about the events and on-goings. And the Vandemataram song turned out very well as the audience too participated in it by clapping their hand to the tune. And as it ended I was informed that after the skit that was going on then,  there wud be a dance by a group and then was our's! We were all ready and charged up and were eager to enter the stage! 


(Though y'all might feel I'm exaggerating it like some maha muqqabla on tv, it was only the infectious enthusiasm that made that day.) And as we received many of the wishes from our friends,....all teh best ra...man rock on!....we're all there 4 ya!...we'll cheer up and u guys shake the audience ;) ...we felt very glad and i went on to the stage to set it for our convinience as others waited for my signal and another busy wid the sound system guy giving the cd, the lady in-charge was clouded with a frown and made awkward gesture at me!I couldn't completely comprehend it and asked my friend wht was goin on. She signalled me to come down. Surprised, I got off from the stage, she broke the unpleasant news, "Guys, your dance is cancelled!".


For a moment we kept thinking, wht's wrong wid ya, lady? And her words resounded in our minds...your dance is cancelled! "But why?", we protested as she answered, "The guy who has done the skit has taken longer time than planned and we've run outta time. So I'm sorry to say tht we need to cancel ur dance!" We protested a lot and requested her again and again and also asked if we can go and ask principal as he proved out to be the main villain cancelling our show, all but in vain! All her responses were in negation. There was nothing more to ask or talk or, rather negotiate! Thus discouraged we were off...roamed around the campus cursing and swearing and talking names...she isnt completely the main villain and we cant completely blame her. And thus in anger broke the CD of our dance song! All of us looked at each other and everyone smiled! We threw the pieces and they scattered in the college lawns as 1 of our friend took few pieces to show to the lady!


An unknown apprehension started to well inside me as I looked at my friends who, having been forlorned kept chatting and laughing away not considering if i was wid them or not...I found an empty space in one of the lawns and uncomfortably nestled myself as sunlight directly hit my face and irritated me. But I didnt move... rather, I couldn't move!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously!!!
    From the moment I spoke to you on the phone,and while I was still reading it,I expected that you didn't get a chance to dance,I felt that to be way to obvious,I stil ldunno why,but i just had that intuition,and it turned out to be right ..:P

    ReplyDelete